- 12-cup bundt pan, or you can use two 6-cup loaf pans, or 2 of the Nutcracker Bundlet pans
- Large bowl
- medium saucepan
- hand whisk
- • 2 sticks plus 2 tbsp (250g) unsalted butter, softened
- • 1 ¼ cups (250g) dark brown sugar
- • 1/3 cup (120g) molasses (not black strap)
- • 2 ¾ cup (360g) all-purpose flour
- • 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- • 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- • 4 tbsp ground ginger
- • 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- • 1 ¼ cups (300ml) whole milk, room temperature
- • ½ cup (100g) stem ginger – finely chopped (either crystallized/candied ginger or normal stem ginger in the syrup, drained)
- • 3 large eggs
- • 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C). Using baking spray with flour, spray your pan lightly. (avoid the spray collecting in the details of your pan)
- Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Set this aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, brown sugar and molasses. Heat gently until butter is melted, stirring until homogenous. (if the butter separates to the top, it’s fine).
- Add Wet Ingredients:
- Pour this butter/molasses/sugar mixture into your dry ingredients. Mix until all dry bits are gone.
- Beat in the egg, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and combine.
- Add your baking soda to the warmed milk, stir, and slowly pour into the flour/sugars/egg mixture, and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and tap lightly to remove any large bubbles and make sure the batter is in all of the details of your bundt pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until it springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool and Serve:
- Allow the gingerbread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan(s) and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This gingerbread can be enjoyed as is or paired with whipped cream, icing, or a dusting of powdered sugar. It’s a delightful treat that’s sure to spread joy during the holiday season!
© 2023 Copyright Bohm Bakes