You will need:
I used the Nordic Ware Autumn Loaf Pan
Stand mixer with a paddle attachment
Baking spray with flour
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup neutral oil (canola or grapeseed)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (plain, not pie mix)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- Lightly toast pecans. (I use a toaster over, watch closely, approximately 1 – 2 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare a loaf pan with a baking spray containing flour (or butter and dust with flour, tap out excess).
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, blend sugars, oil, and pumpkin puree.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- In a pouring measuring cup, measure the buttermilk and the vanilla.
- Alternating wet and dry ingredients in thirds, add the flour mixture and the milk mixture into the sugar mixture, quickly and gently only until just blended. Don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in roughly chopped toasted nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, leaving about an inch from the top (or about 3/4 full).
- Gently tap the pan on the countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 55 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
© 2023 Copyright Bohm Bakes