Glazed Grapefruit Loaf Cake
1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (212 grams) All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup (245 grams) Sour Cream
- 1 1/3 cups (205 and 65 grams) White granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (155 grams)
- Zest of one grapefruit
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C)
- Spray 9×5 loaf pan
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1 cup (205 grams) of sugar the eggs, grapefruit zest and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. Simmer 1/3 cup grapefruit juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is finished baking, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, poke the top of the cake with a skewer, and pour the grapefruit syrup over the cake and allow it to soak in.
- Let it cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and grapefruit juice and drizzle over the cake.